Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Heavy Hercules

This is the C-130 Hercules. It has plenty of variants a few are transports for troops, vehicles, or supplies. Another is the AC-130 Hercules which is ground attack. It uses a howitzer cannon and a larger caliber gatling gun. There was one variant that had rockets to give it a fast take off like JATO (jet assisted take off). It was designed to land in a soccer stadium to rescue prisoners. it was used only in tests and it crashed, no one was killed.  The Hercules has served for a very long time and I'm sure it will serve much longer.

5 comments:

  1. Trenton, What awesome photos you have taken! I'm very impressed with you knoledge of the crafts and your insite. thanks for shareing them I'm going to forward it on.
    Lara Shosted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trent!
    I wish I knew as much about ANYTHING as you do about planes. That is soooo cool. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture reminds me of the C-119 in Flight of the Phoenix. Are they at all similar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The C-119 was designed and built by Fairchild but the C-130 was designed and built by Lockheed martin. There aren't any really cool similarities, at least as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete